Sunday, 8 January 2017

A new day.

The first week of the new year has come to an end.
2017.
Here we are, starting all over again with this whole "new year, new me" bulls***.

I am not new.
I am human. As humans, we are full of strengths, weaknesses and most of all: flaws.

My entire 2016 was a blunder!
I played truant in school.
Maybe not the most serious of cases where I skip classes and skip school for something else like cybercafes and malls but even so, it was bad enough as it is.
Being a naive 15* year old in Form 4, I often tried to prove and at most, justify myself by my words, trying to show off that I can do it but at most time, being lazy and procrastinative, got me all the more in trouble. Some school assignments were not completed, I ended up owing a huge homework debt, and I sort of flunked my examinations.

*(my birthday is in December, so I had not turn 16 yet)

But here I am now,
a new year, a new beginning.
and the past week came and gave me quite a fair amount of homework, of which I could do.
I have been informed of the various projects and things we got to do this year in Form 5. Of such, there is the interclass English Drama competition, Moral project with 8 Essays to complete, with evidence of social work, Sivik project which is also social work and recorded evidence, of which is considered unimportant to most of us as it is a non-SPM subject, and a lot more, yes....

I thank God for His mercy toward me, for enabling to wake up to a new day with a fresh new hope.
This is 2017, a new year, and a willingness to start anew.
I am human.
There is nothing new about me.
But I can be renewed.
Renew my actions and my attitude.

This past week of the new year has given me a hope that I can win this battle against myself, my flesh and its carnal desires, the sinfulness of my being, and of course the bigger battles in this life be it exams, frustrations, doubts about my faith, temptations...

Nothing is impossible when I have God on my side. This I believe.
I have a hope for a new day.
Let this hope not go to waste.

No comments:

Post a Comment